Sunday, April 5, 2009

Foot

Well, today's general conference was great! I love hearing our prophets and apostles speak to us. Elder Holland's talk this morning especially touched me and reminded me how much I have to be grateful for and how infinite the Saviour's role is in all of our lives. The one thing I took away from President Monson's talk was "the future is as bright as our faith." I loved that. As I've thought about it throughout the day, I want to be a better wife and mother. A better member of the church. My faith in the Saviour is what will get me through and I need to continue on working harder to strengthen it.

Last night as I was putting the boys to bed, I was reading them a story from the scriptures about Jesus Christ blessing the little children when he visited the Nephites. The scripture book we have has pictures in it. One of the pictures has Jesus with a little boy in his lap and children around him, along with a mother with her arms around a little boy. Isaac said, "That's Eli." (The little boy sitting in Jesus' lap. I thought sure why not? Then he pointed to the little boy in his mother's arms and said, "that's me." and the woman, "That's you, Mommy." He then went on to say, "After Eli's done sitting in Jesus' lap, it will be my turn to sit in Jesus' lap." It was cute and made glad that he seemed to be grasping the concept of the Saviour's love for us and for all of us.

On another note, Isaac woke up this morning excited as usual to put on his Spiderman costume, lol. I figure when he's at home he can wear it as often as he likes, although it drives me crazy sometimes because it is literally falling apart at ALL of the seams, haha. He and Eli started playing and next thing I know Isaac's coming up to me with his foot a little bloody. I thought that he had just stepped on something sharp, but his foot felt like it had something in it. Devin took him to UMC Quickcare place and they x-rayed his foot. He had a pin in it about a quarter inch long. They said it was right near the bone and that it was too deep for them to take it out there at the quickcare place. So, tomorrow we have to go to a general surgeon and he'll remove it. They also said that if the pin punctures his bone then he could end up on antibiotics for 6 weeks. Poor little guy. He's oblivious to it, so hopefully we can make an appt for him tomorrow with the surgeon and get it taken care of quickly.

0 comments: