So lately my oldest, Isaac, has been asking all of these questions. I keep thinking where in the world is he coming up with this stuff! Among a few of the things I've had to rack my brains to answer....How does food get in our belly? How do we eat food? How do you make pizza? How do birds fly? How do you sing? and one of my favorites (Although, I asked him this one it was my favorite answer).... How does Spiderman shoot webs? ans: "Um, he just use his fingers."
We got a call Sunday night and my grandpa was in the hospital and they thought he only had about an hour to live. My mom, dad, and brother drove up to Utah that night, and fortunately he seems to be on the mend. So, this morning Isaac asked me, "Mommy do you like angels?" I said that I loved angels and asked him why he asked. He said, "Grandma Porter is an angel." (my grandma who died about a year and a half ago). I told him yes she was. He then asked.."Is Grandpa Porter an angel too?" I said I hoped not yet. It just made me realize that he was really listening to everything that was going on Sunday night and his little brain has been spinning and thinking. Isaac asking me if I loved angels and then continuing on to ask if Grandma Porter was an angel has made me realize how important the gospel is. I know that someday I will see my Grandma again and that knowledge buoys me up and helps me to remember how much the gospel means to me and to my family. I am so grateful for my testimony of the Savior and the knowledge that I have been blessed with through a loving Heavenly Father. It gives me hope.
We got a call Sunday night and my grandpa was in the hospital and they thought he only had about an hour to live. My mom, dad, and brother drove up to Utah that night, and fortunately he seems to be on the mend. So, this morning Isaac asked me, "Mommy do you like angels?" I said that I loved angels and asked him why he asked. He said, "Grandma Porter is an angel." (my grandma who died about a year and a half ago). I told him yes she was. He then asked.."Is Grandpa Porter an angel too?" I said I hoped not yet. It just made me realize that he was really listening to everything that was going on Sunday night and his little brain has been spinning and thinking. Isaac asking me if I loved angels and then continuing on to ask if Grandma Porter was an angel has made me realize how important the gospel is. I know that someday I will see my Grandma again and that knowledge buoys me up and helps me to remember how much the gospel means to me and to my family. I am so grateful for my testimony of the Savior and the knowledge that I have been blessed with through a loving Heavenly Father. It gives me hope.






0 comments:
Post a Comment